SAP HANA Cloud is the pioneer of cloud computing applications in the modern business world. It relieves organizations from the age-old devil, ‘integrations’. Given the complexities around integrating different software in a digital ecosystem, the problem had to be solved!
Thanks to SAP HANA Cloud, integrations are not a topic of trouble for organizations anymore. SAP HANA Cloud integration helps transfer essential data from on-premise and cloud-based databases to the SAP HANA platform. An in-memory database cloud manages the SAP HANA Cloud as a service (Database-as-a-Service or DBaaS).
This cloud integration platform forms SAP Business Technology Platform’s cloud base, and it puts together data gathered from enterprises, enabling quicker decisions based on real-time data. It puts together parts from the line of different businesses along with parts of SAP Business Suite products.
Experience a cutting edge cloud database with the SAP HANA Cloud
SAP HANA Cloud helps to build data solutions with modern architectures and get business-ready suggestions in real-time. As it forms the base of SAP Business Technology Platform, SAP HANA Cloud provides the power of SAP HANA in the cloud.
Tasks that SAP HANA Cloud can perform:
- Can make cloud deployments
- Flexible and low total ownership cost
- High processing power through multimodal transactions
- Real-time data processing
What differentiates the SAP HANA Cloud database from others?
- Uses real-time data to make decisions faster and in a more accurate manner: Can be used to process any data type and perform quick analysis on live transfers without using any fast improved decision making. This will become very beneficial for scaling up a business.
- Combine data from different enterprises: This helps connect data to native integration, develop apps and tools throughout the cloud, and store volatile data on-premises.
- To gain trust in business data: Tap into business-ready information by creating a source of truth, secure, private, and anonymous reliability.
Critical capabilities of SAP HANA Cloud
One source of data and truth:
- Integrates data between different sources with great ease
- Streamlined and focused data management with a platform that offers a unified source of data
- SAP HANA smart data access and Virtualization reduce the chances of data duplication.
Storage options as per the client’s needs:
- Multi-level data storage can come in pretty handy
- A queryable data lake can be extracted from cold data storage
- Proper storage of data can be used to optimize the cost and performance ratio
High performance-on-demand data:
- Independent access to high-speed data can be achieved anytime
- Computing and storage management is done independently
- Scaling up and down is easy with no up-front cost, fully managed as a service
- Extreme transaction processing
SAP Cloud Integration
SAP Cloud Integration helps in joining cloud and on-premise applications with other such clouds and on-premise applications. This service provides the power to process real-time messages across different SAP implementation companies, organizations, or different departments in one organization.
SAP Integration Suite is one such service that helps to integrate processes, API management and Open Connectors seamlessly. These services are not available independently but as a part of Integration Suite only.
What kind of systems can be connected to cloud integration?
The following list will provide an idea about the kinds of remote systems that can be integrated
- On-premise systems, like SAP depending on SAP NetWeaver
- Cloud Apps like SAP Cloud for Customer or SAP SuccessFactors
- SFTP servers
- Others like email servers or SOAP clients
A specific communication protocol is considered depending on the system which is to be connected. Adapters are elements that help in supporting dedicated systems by dedicated communication protocols. The adapter configures the details of technical communication between the remote system and the integration platform.
Connecting a customer system to Cloud Integration:
One can integrate the technical connection between a tenant and different kinds of remote systems. It is already assumed that a remote system is connected to one of the tenants that are given to a client as the basic setup. The remote system can be a sender or a receiver of data. The configuration and the setup differ according to communication direction, whether the remote system is supposed to send messages to the platform or the other way round.
The first job while setting up an integration between a remote system and Cloud Integration. The protocols that can be used to ensure a secure transport channel are HTTPS (Hypertext Transfer Protocol Secure), SFTP (SSH File Transfer Protocol), and SMTP (Simple Mail Transfer Protocol).
Cloud Integration Monitoring:
Integration and monitoring with SAP Focused Run help monitor data flow between different systems within the system landscape or between systems within a landscape and other external components. Data is directly pulled from public cloud services’ revealed APIs into the SAP Focused Run system or is piled up on the managed system side and supplied to the SAP Focused Run system.
You can find the following features in advanced integration monitoring application:
- Documents Monitor
- Integration Error Monitor
- E2E Monitor: End to end message streams monitoring
- Communication Monitor: It means monitoring for the performance of RFC destinations, tRFC queues or qRFC web service messages
- Process Integration Monitor: Monitoring for PI messages and integrating SAP PO domains
- Cloud Monitor
- Data Replication Monitor: It indicates monitoring SLT replication of data
Cloud integration of the SAP HANA system is very beneficial as it allows real-time data analysis and provides instant solutions. Also, the SAP HANA in-memory database can be integrated with the cloud and the on-premise devices. Certain things have to be kept in mind, like if the system is capable of cloud integration or if the system follows the basic secure integration protocols. And constant monitoring and maintenance are also required to check for any faults in the system and rectify them as soon as possible.